The Julian Community Heritage Foundation was a community driven initiative for the creation of a Julian Town Square on the corner of Main St. and Washington St. The idea was the brainchild of Teak Nichols, along with the support of Jean Duffy and Dana Pettersen. Various other individuals and organizations have supported the initiative in various ways including: Chevron, The Julian Chamber of Commerce, the Julian Historical Society and the San Diego Backcountry Visitors Bureau, as well as Community Action, Service and Advocacy (CASA).
Many steps have already been taken to bring this project to fruition including:
- We are in the process of purchasing the lot
- Julian Community Heritage Foundation is a registered non-profit organization
- We drew up preliminary town square designs, which have been approved in concept by the ARB and the county board of supervisors
- Chevron has made a donation towards the project
- Creative Flow Media sponsored the earlier stages of the marketing and campaign management for the project
Jean Duffy - JCHF President
Dana Pettersen - JCHF Vice President/Fundraising Chair
Teak Nichols - JCHF Development Director
Kim Simas - JCHF Treasurer
Joan Cirillo - JCHF Secretary
Advisory Community Members:
Jay Evarts - Architect
Sherry Horton - Julian Architectural Review Board
Hilary Ward - Julian Pathways, Inc.