The Julian Community Heritage Foundation was a community driven initiative for the creation of a Julian Town Square on the corner of Main St. and Washington St. The idea was the brainchild of Teak Nichols, along with the support of Jean Duffy and Dana Pettersen. Various other individuals and organizations have supported the initiative in various ways including: Chevron, The Julian Chamber of Commerce, the Julian Historical Society and the San Diego Backcountry Visitors Bureau, as well as Community Action, Service and Advocacy (CASA).
Many steps have already been taken to try and bring this project to fruition including:
- We are in negotiations with the property owner for purchase of the lot
- Julian Community Heritage Foundation is in the process of becoming a non-profit
- We drew up preliminary town square designs, which have been presented to the ARB and the county board of supervisors
- Chevron has made a donation towards the project
- Creative Flow Media has sponsored the marketing and campaign management for the project